11.02.2009

Mean Mommy

These are the reasons why my boys think I have been mean today:

*I would not let Coleman use a belt w a metal buckle as a whip
*I would not let Keller use a broken swiffer mop w a serrated metal edge as a spear
*I refused to let them eat Whoppers and Kit Kats for breakfast
*I insisted that they eat their sandwiches before having more goldfish and cinnamon crackers
*I only let them listen to the song "thumbellina thumbellina worlds smallest girl" two times not the continual repeat they requested
* I would not pause from making lunch for them, lunch for Porter(who was screaming), and cookies (all at the same time) to read Keller the complete works of William Shakespeare- a book which he found interesting because of the drawings of the knights
*I would not let them jump on my bed after I made it....AND after we had already had a jumping-on-the-bed session before I made it.
*I put a stop to the transfer of bedding from their room to the playroom. They were both halfway down the stairs with both the fitted sheets and flat sheets and pillows from their beds...heading toward the playroom. (of note: it was 5 min before naps at this point, so you can imagine how excited I was to have to remake both beds)

Can you believe how mean I am? I am certain this morning would have gone much smoother had I let them have their way....there's always tomorrow. Perhaps I'll just prop my feed up, eat bon bons, and respond with " yes, that is great"

4 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Why don't you do that? Take one whole day and let them DO ANYTHING and EAT anything. Let me know how it goes....:)

emily rietz said...

ah, mom - but sharp, hard objects are so fun ...

Morgan Lyon said...

Oh my goodness. I really really REALLY wish we lived closer because this sounds EXACTLY like life at my house with my 3! I seriously laughed out loud at every one because it has happened here. I was told I was the meanest mommy in the world yesterday at chic fil a because we weren't getting ice cream. Just melts your heart! :)

Unknown said...

sometimes i have an out of body experience when all i can sense is noise and movement... times like those, i wonder what martians (ok, if martians REALLY existed) must think of us.