There are not many things I am impulsive about...eating dark chocolate, going to Goodwill, and (unfortunately) giving haircuts. For those who know me well, you also know that attention to detail, is not my strength (ie:painting trim, etc) so my giving haircuts is more due to a financial default than any innate talent within. I cut my boys hair (which if you look closely will not surprise you in the least). Each time I do something different and really take a Jackson Pollock approach to their locks. When it is their turn, they plead (without fail) "MOMMY DON'T CUT MY HEAD OFF!!!!" ...so anyways, tonight I was sitting on the couch w all my four boys watching football (is that stereotypical all boy household or what?) when I decided that i NEEDED a new look at THAT moment...well, who else to fix this but yours truly. So when Coleman asked me to fetch his green gloves (his latest fashion statement) I used this an excuse to head upstairs for a new do...I cut and cut and cut and really should have stopped while i was ahead (no pun intended). When the words "scout finch" popped into my head (if you've seen the movie, you know what i mean), I knew I was the equivalent of the two year old girl who found scissors and voila- bangs. As I am making my descent, I have the thought that perhaps, it's not so bad, and I wont say anything, just see what happens.Immediately Jeremy begins laughing and can not stop. This is from a man who during our first year of courtship, did not notice that i lived in a mint green house. After catching his breath, his first words are "maybe Sarah can fix this." Sarah can fix ALOT of things, but I think even this is beyond her talents....so anyone who sees me in the next three weeks...in order to avoid a short-bang-lesbian look, I will be sporting a headband until my bangs grow to an appropriately length to display....and who dyed my hair black?
11.08.2009
Bang Bang Bang...on the door baby
There are not many things I am impulsive about...eating dark chocolate, going to Goodwill, and (unfortunately) giving haircuts. For those who know me well, you also know that attention to detail, is not my strength (ie:painting trim, etc) so my giving haircuts is more due to a financial default than any innate talent within. I cut my boys hair (which if you look closely will not surprise you in the least). Each time I do something different and really take a Jackson Pollock approach to their locks. When it is their turn, they plead (without fail) "MOMMY DON'T CUT MY HEAD OFF!!!!" ...so anyways, tonight I was sitting on the couch w all my four boys watching football (is that stereotypical all boy household or what?) when I decided that i NEEDED a new look at THAT moment...well, who else to fix this but yours truly. So when Coleman asked me to fetch his green gloves (his latest fashion statement) I used this an excuse to head upstairs for a new do...I cut and cut and cut and really should have stopped while i was ahead (no pun intended). When the words "scout finch" popped into my head (if you've seen the movie, you know what i mean), I knew I was the equivalent of the two year old girl who found scissors and voila- bangs. As I am making my descent, I have the thought that perhaps, it's not so bad, and I wont say anything, just see what happens.Immediately Jeremy begins laughing and can not stop. This is from a man who during our first year of courtship, did not notice that i lived in a mint green house. After catching his breath, his first words are "maybe Sarah can fix this." Sarah can fix ALOT of things, but I think even this is beyond her talents....so anyone who sees me in the next three weeks...in order to avoid a short-bang-lesbian look, I will be sporting a headband until my bangs grow to an appropriately length to display....and who dyed my hair black?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
omg. thanks so much for posting this. don't underestimate that sarah pay...hehe.
Post a Comment