4.09.2008

cute egocentric world

keller has swim lessons every tuesday at 730PM. why, you may be wondering, does a 2yr old have lessons at that time...well, that would be because his mother forgot to sign him up until past the last minute, and that was the last spot available. It actually has worked out quite nicely, because jeremy takes him while i am home w sleeping coleman. Last night, Keller runs into the house screaming "i'm ober (over) her, i'm ober here!"

me "keller,how was swim lessons?"
keller "i'm ober here, i'm ober here!!!" simultaneously waving his arm frantically.

I looked to jeremy in confusion, awaiting the explanation. Apparantly, Keller has become fascinated with the lacross players that they pass while going to swim lessons. Jeremy told him, they would stop and see them on the way home. After his lesson, Jeremy pulls the car over so they are facing the back of the goal and rolls down the windows to hear the action. The players start to yell "yellow yellow yellow!"- which must be some type of play. Well, Keller looks up in suprise bc he hears "keller, keller , keller!" and tells jeremy "they call for me....I'M OBER HERE! I'M OBER HERE! I'M OBER HERE!" and starts waving his arm to get their attention.

I had to laugh and think how sweet life is when it really could be a reality that an entire lacross team would be shouting your name and this would be totally appropriate and possibly expected:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this story, along with the to smock or not to smock question!! Your boys are so precious...gotta love them!! Bryn and Alan Kennedy

Love Being A Nonny said...

Can you say PRECIOUS?

Alison said...

I so look forward to your posts!! That story was a great way to start my day!! So cute!

emily rietz said...

that's precious indeed...