I often wonder if perhaps we should have named Coleman "Will," as he seems to have located and put into use his willful spirit. I also will note, that this could be due to where he falls in the family line...second child. Why would he, for example, be expected to drink from a sippee cup when everyone else uses something different.
I had to laugh the other morning when I caught him in the playroom trying to "put on" his shoes (w footed PJ's). He managed to find his shoes then was stepping on the tops of them simultaneously verbalizing "ahhh ahhhh ahhhh ahhh" which I quickly interpreted as "mom, i need these shoes on or this morning will be a disaster!" So, we put them on, strap him in his highchair then I give him his meal. When he was about 11months old, Coleman decided that this being fed by mom thing was just not working so well for him. So he took over. Usually armed w spoons in both hands, the child will ONLY eat if he can feed himself. If I try to feed him (to speed along the process) he will start shaking his head and repeat "no, no no no no".....sorry for offending you Coleman. So needless to say, meals are so very messy. I give up trying to really clean until after dinner, however by then i am scraping off dried food w my fingernails...nice huh. I have tried to feed him more fingerfoods, however he really is not much into those...i guess they are too clean. Not the sensory experience that yogart and oatmeal are. So here is a typical morning picture of my sweet second son, geared up in his shoes in case he has to dart out of the highchair for an outdoor playing emergency; yogart just beginning to coat him, his pj's and the nasty chair. I remind myself that this child wont go to college wearing his pureed food...as with everything this is a stage to be enjoyed
I had to laugh the other morning when I caught him in the playroom trying to "put on" his shoes (w footed PJ's). He managed to find his shoes then was stepping on the tops of them simultaneously verbalizing "ahhh ahhhh ahhhh ahhh" which I quickly interpreted as "mom, i need these shoes on or this morning will be a disaster!" So, we put them on, strap him in his highchair then I give him his meal. When he was about 11months old, Coleman decided that this being fed by mom thing was just not working so well for him. So he took over. Usually armed w spoons in both hands, the child will ONLY eat if he can feed himself. If I try to feed him (to speed along the process) he will start shaking his head and repeat "no, no no no no".....sorry for offending you Coleman. So needless to say, meals are so very messy. I give up trying to really clean until after dinner, however by then i am scraping off dried food w my fingernails...nice huh. I have tried to feed him more fingerfoods, however he really is not much into those...i guess they are too clean. Not the sensory experience that yogart and oatmeal are. So here is a typical morning picture of my sweet second son, geared up in his shoes in case he has to dart out of the highchair for an outdoor playing emergency; yogart just beginning to coat him, his pj's and the nasty chair. I remind myself that this child wont go to college wearing his pureed food...as with everything this is a stage to be enjoyed
1 comment:
I read this post a while ago, but have thought about it several times recently as I wonder if I also should have named my child Will. Glad to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this!
Post a Comment