we have been playing musical beds in our house since Keller got his tonsils and adenoids taken out a week ago. Nights and naps always find one boy or another in my bed, mine in theirs, and perhaps an adult on the couch trying to get a sacred three hours of sleep in a row. On this particular afternoon, I decided to try Coleman napping in our room, Keller in the room he and Coleman share, and Porter in the crib.
Keller immediately fell asleep, Coleman (who is my best sleeper at present) was not too excited about napping in mommy and daddy's room, but I tried my best to make it seem really fun. About 45 minutes after I put him down, I go to check on him. I open the door, the bedside lamp was turned on and the time on the clock was changed and Coleman was sitting upright in bed, looking suprised that I had inturrupted his wake time. I asked him what he is doing awake, he tells me "I didnt see the number seven (the boys know they cant get out of bed in the morning until they see the number seven). I remind him that he has no idea what a number seven looks like to which he replies "yes, but I did not see the number seven!"
He then begins to fix the pillows to make room for me to sit up with him and tells me we need to have a talk.
"what about, coleman?"
"Mommy, tell me about your day at the park, how is Porter doing?"
"He's good...why arent you sleeping?"
"Because I have a tennis ball" -which actually does appear in his hands from the depths of the covers...."and a football"...again, produces this as well.
At this point I am laughing too hard to even attempt a nap with him, so Porter and I join him.
8.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love it the little conversations you capture with your boys.
I love the new blog format...
I'm going to try that at home:
Shelley: Jason, why didn't you wash the dishes?
Me: Because I have a tennis ball
Simple, eloquent, undisputable
so funny!
we've been having nap issues lately too, glad i'm not the only one!
sounds like a conversation we'd have at our house:) at least they're so cute, you have to laugh! love that porter lives in his diaper...i am so over laundry, i feel like my boys have hung out in their diapers most of the summer. thanks for the glimpse into your world!
I love this conversation on the bed! And OH how I wish we lived closer for our boys to get together! your house sounds like my house right now! :) miss you!
Post a Comment