8.04.2009






A storm is coming as I sit in our sunroom of our camp house, the "walled off." This is the saddest day of camp for me. The day when cleaning and leaving are the only tasks to do. Though our house is not in the center of campus, I can sense when the staff have gone...camp is just not camp without them. It is too quiet-not even my boys can make up for the lack of noise. Keller previously wanted to stay here forever, until he realized he'd be stuck with just us. After lunch today, when seeing all the staff leave, he told me he was ready to go to Charlotte.

This has been my favorite summer since we have been coming four years ago. Seeing how much joy Keller and Coleman get from being in this environment brings me such happiness.The sacrifices we make for doing this job are huge, but I gain such perspective here during the summer. Friends- please remind me of this during the rest of the year. God's hand has been evident this summer as I've watched staff understand the gospel and their fixed identity in Christ, seen kids excited about Chapel and what they are learning about God's love for them-in spite of what they do, and in my own life becoming more excited about the ministry that God has called Jeremy and me to. I love being a part of something that so many I am close to love and have been impacted by. What a great God we serve!

No comments: