7.10.2008

C'mon ride that train....that potty train




> Upon our arrival to camp, I decided enough was enough....diapers that is. My primary reason for beginning hard core potty training was the cost of diapers....much more expensive than even the cutest pair of elmo undies.

Day One: all about the reward system. I figured since Keller rarely gets any candy, this would be a super easy bribe. One piece of candy for pee, two for poop. We start the morning out on the potty every ten minutes, wearing the nice tighty whities in between. I guess Keller thought that play time was on the toilet, and pee time was immediately after he left the throne, bc that seemed to be the morning routine. He did pee in his
underware, and the first time he did it, he was very uncomfortable, immediately screaming for me to change him. I thought this was a good thing which could possible lead to less underware accidents. After three hours of being inside, we ventured around our cabin...Keller displaying his lovely eye for fashion as seen in the photos. Still every ten minutes on the potty w my constant verbal review of "if you have that feeling....tell mommy, go to the potty." He could pretty much quote me on this. Once out in nature, Keller had ZERO interest in anything having to do w the potty train. In fact, I left for two minutes, came back and he had not only peed but pooped in his underware and could have cared less. When I began to enlighten him w my potty training wisdom, he looked at me and raised his stick (sorry...staff) and screamed "I AM PHAROAH! THIS IS MY STAFF!!!!!" That's right pharoah...we are going to need some serious divine intervention on this one....

3 comments:

emily rietz said...

hahaha - couldn't see the pictures, though i LOVED the pharoh shout out...

Brett and Jennifer said...

LOVE IT! patience...somewhere there's a corner and he'll turn it...but you'll probably cry before you get there...i did

Love Being A Nonny said...

How's the potty boy doing?