2.13.2008

niagra falls

yes, i have now entered the world of blogging...or should i say "re-entered." Apparantly two years ago, when my friend emily encouraged me to get a blog, i did then completely forgot about it. you can imagine my suprise when i began to create my blog, only to find one i already created... nothing for two years....and now i am back more tech savy than ever:)

i am a bit tired today due to the weariness of cleaning up toys, dishes and about two gallons of vomit. that's right, two gallons. coleman, sitting ever so innocently in his booster seat, not showing too much interest in food, but eating none the less. suddenly it was like niagra falls coming out of his mouth. unbelievable. jeremy undresses him and takes him immediately to the bath. i stare at the kitchen thinking "WWTSJD"....what would the school janitor do?

i got the kitchen faucet hose as far as it would go and literally soaked the kitchen. there was no wall left untouched....let me also remind you that he has had cheese overload today so you can imagine how ripe the smell was....keller was fascinated...initially by the throw up (pow up) the bright orange color it was and me hosing down the kitchen. of course, since there was water up to my ankles, i had to pull my pants up to my thighs, at which point keller begins to perseverate "mommy has legs! mommy has legs, mommy who gave you legs?"

"God" (hold nose dont puke, dont look at what you are doing....i am thinking)

"why, why do God give mommy legs?"

so i can bend down and clean up carrot/cheese throw up...obviously

i am still in post-traumtic-vomit shock....melissa-this would send you back ten years...

4 comments:

Aunt Barbara said...

Good thing Jeremy was home to wisk the baby away!
What would you have done without him...improvise in some way, I'm sure and then you would have lots of fun "blogging" to us in the play-by-play style.
Keep up the good work! Life is wonderful!
Aunt Barbara

Courtney said...

Wow..we are becoming quite the bloggers. Now we really aren't going to get anything done, but at least we will have things to laugh at :) Love the blog! Hope you guys get well soon.

emily rietz said...

So proud of the blog...love the voice of your writing...thanks for the updates - I will be checking back often! em

ashley said...

Hilarious!! I should not have been eating breakfast when I read this, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm glad you got (peer pressured into) a blog! I'll be happy to keep up with you guys this summer. Great initial blog topic! :) I hope Coleman is feeling better.