1.04.2010

The White Boys Christmas Pagent

This is what I overheard this morning:

K "Coleman, let's play the christmas story."
oohhh how sweet, usually they only act out the bible stories that involve some sort of fight
C "I want to be a soldier."
K "There are no soldiers in the Christmas story!"
C "BUT I WANT TO BE A SOLDIER!!!"
K "you CANT!"
C "ok, i'll be a shepherd-soldier-with-an-ax."
hmmm dont recall that character.
K "ok"

This should have been my first clue that this was not going to be the typical Bethleham, birth of our saviour story.

K "I"m King Herod. Come kill me!"
K "Dont REALLY ax me, just pretend ax me!"

They then proceed to alternate between the roles of Herod and the soldier-shepherd-killer-with-an-ax parts. My presence was requested upon each killing, where I would witness "Herod" slayed on the couch with his eyes closed.

I think this version may be somewhere in Luke, but I cant recall....

1 comment:

-joy said...

please keep blogging! i love the way you tell the stories. good laugh.