7.19.2009

Random fun




Luckily plastic noise toys, are very uninteresting to my boys during the summer. 90% of our day is spent outside and the few toys I do bring for rainy days, usually go unplayed with. Last week, only confirmed my need for a toyless summer. A staff member had to borrow one of our twin mattresses for a week, once returned it leaned up against our wall in the living room for a couple of days (hey, at least it was off the front porch:). Keller got the brilliant idea to place it at the edge of the couch, then jump from the couch onto the mattress. The boys had a BLAST doing this. No fighting just jumping. Lindsay (the "nanny")who has more sense than I, moved the mattress into the playroom where it still resides two weeks later...I actually had the thought "am I tacky enough to keep a mattress in our playroom in Charlotte?" I draw the line there...but for now, it has not lost its grandeur and also doubles as a wrestling mat.

1 comment:

Love Being A Nonny said...

No more Monkeys jumping on the bed!!! My boys would have loved this. I was too much of a *stuff shirt* back then to allow it. I LOVE that they are experiencing all the old fashioned joys of being little boys!!