4.28.2009

Things only done in my last trimester of pregnancy #3

"who wants to split a milkshake with mommy?"

(in monotone voice watching them physically hurt each other) "stop...stop...stop..."

"well, then hit him harder" (obviously-my response at least 20 x a day)

i've mastered "playing" hide and seek from a sitting position...realized it is more about the reaction i give when they "appear" from their hiding spots. I can certainly verbally get excited when I "find" them, as long as I dont have to get up.

My children are now addicted to Tums due to my severe heartburn w this pregnancy. I dont even try to fight them on it...figured it is good calcium and can count as a vitamin...or candy-take your pick

The boys are OBSESSED with going barefoot...i have seriously turned into that mom at the playground whose kids are barefoot (and i am pregnant). At least they still ask permission to take their shoes off...probably bc they know I will not say no. This has evolved from no shoes to no shirts and a couple of request from Keller to play naked in the backyard. I do draw the line there...but only bc we have neighbors.

The other day I was sitting in the garage (after an intense game of hide n seek) then I see Keller riding by on his scooter in nothing but tighty whities, cowboy boots, and a wet towel over his head. I just had to laugh.

I love these boys.

6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

In spite of how bad you are making yourself sound, you are a GREAT mom!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!

Unknown said...

things like public display of undergarmets, pediatric dosing of antacids, barefootedness anywhere in public, and the promotion of ultimate fighting before the age of 4 makes you a better mother and your boys better children. may you find similar flexibility and disregard for structure beyond the birth of baby #3. cuz you will need it!!! :)

emily rietz said...

love love love those boys, too. btw - cowboy boots for made for tighty whities...

JB said...

you're awesome! welcome back to blogging :)

kimberlybender said...

sorry - JB was me, didn't realize he was logged in.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Congrats!!! Heard your wonderful news!!! Pictures when you have time please!